Office of the Secretary
The responsibilities of the office are the administration of general administrations , documentation works , secretarial works , finance, procurement of supply , personnel, public relations , legal affairs and maintenance . In addition general facilitation services are also the responsibility of this office such as welfare of the officers, house-keeping, security and other facilities.
The Division of Planning and Technical Coordinator
- Manipulate, monitor, evaluate departmental plans, coordinate with international
- Coordinate with international health organization
- Departmental library
Public Sector Development Group
- Recommendation advising the Department ofMedical Sciences on the development of bureaucracywithin the Departmentof Medical Sciences
- Monitor, evaluateand reporton the development ofbureaucracywithin the Departmentof Medical Sciences.
- Coordinationandimplementation ofthe developmentbureaucracywithcentral agenciesand otheragencies inthe Departmenttof Medical Sciences.
- Work with and support the work of other agencies involved or assigned.
Bureau of Drug and Narcotic
Bureau of Drug and Narcotic is responsible for the development and setting up the standard methods and services for laboratory testing in the field of pharmaceuticals and narcotics. The major activities of the Bureau include the quality control of active pharmaceutical ingredients, finished products, materials intended for medical use and drug containers, including identification and analysis of narcotics, illicit drugs and psychotropic substances. The establishment of national pharmacopoeia and production of reference substances for utilization locally and within ASEAN member countries are also performed by the Bureau
Bureau of Quality and Safety of Food (BQSF)
BQSF is the national reference laboratory for the assessment of quality and safety of food according to the regulations under the Thai Food Act. BQSF responsibilities also include development and setup of standard methods for food analysis, research in the areas of food safety, food analysis services and training.
Medical Life Science Institute (MLSI)
Medical Life Science Institute integrates expertise in stem cell, regenerative medicine, human genetics, personalized medicine, medical biotechnology altogether and extends basic science toward clinical research with GCP-compliance, in order to create medical sciences innovation that solve Thailand’s medical and public health problems. MLSI aims to be ASEAN’s leader in medical sciences research.
The National Institute of Health (NIH)
The National Institute of Health (Thai NIH) is a part of the Department of Medical Sciences, Ministry of Public Health Thailand. Thai NIH major mandates are first, serving as national public health reference laboratory, and, second, conducting research. For 30s years until now Thai NIH has functioned as a national laboratory and plays an important role in disease prevention and control.
National Neonatal Screening Operation Centre
Its main functions include, serving as the national neonatal screening centre and national information centre for congenital hypothyroidism (CHT), phenylketonuria (PKU) and inborn error of metabolism (IEM), the national reference centre for the neonatal screening laboratory and the IDD risk assessment. and the national DNA biobank of the neonatal dried blood spot specimens.
Bureau of Cosmetics and Hazardous Substances
Bureau of Cosmetics and Hazardous Substances is an agent under Department of Medical Sciences, Ministry of Public Health provides testing services for cosmetics and hazardous substances used in public health purpose. As reference laboratory, the bureau is responsible for support consumer protection and product export.
Medicinal Plant Research Institute
Research and develop knowledge and laboratory technologies in the field of medicinal plant research , Develop system for quality analysis of raw materials and herbal products. Establish medicinal plant standards and herbal pharmacopoeia.
Pathogen and Animal toxin Act
- Promoting, developing, regulating and enforcement of the “Pathogen and Animal toxin Act” for public health services.
- Developing the ministerial regulations for biological safety and security to cope with changes in science and technology and against the harmful risks from pathogens.
Regional Medical Science Center (RMSC)
RMSC 1, Trang
RMSC 2, Phitsanulok.
RMSC, Phitsanulok, services the 5 provinces in Regional Health Service 2. Our primary duties include the monitoring and support of consumer food, drug and other health product protectionism; disease outbreak investigation, monitoring and diagnosis; and, advocating for the legal processes.
RMSC 3, Chonburi
Regional Medical Sciences Centre is a technological center Responsible for eight provinces in eastern seaboard area as following Chonburi , Chachoengsao , Rayong , chantaburi , Trad , Pracheenburi , Srakaew , and Samutprakarn. The responsibility is Laboratory analysis , protection and public health Laboratory.
RMSC 7, Khonkaen
- Improving analytical systems and providing laboratory services for health products, herbs and medical diagnosis.
- Research and development in laboratory technology for law and regulations of safety and quality control of health products, herb, and medical diagnosis.
- To be the reference laboratories for health products, herb, and medical diagnosis.
- Enhancing laboratory quality, knowledge support, and technology transfer the for private and governmental laboratory network
RMSC 11, Surat thani
Responsibilities of the Regional Medical Sciences Center 11, Surat Thani cope with four provinces in southern part of Thailand. They are Chumphon, Surat Thani, Nakhon Si Thammarat and Ranong
RMSC 13, Chiangrai
Research and development, risk assessment, and laboratory service in medical sciences and health products. Provide the knowledge and technology to communities and strengthen the networking. The quality of work is continuous improved and ensured by implementing of and conforming to the proper international standards.