Bureau of Cosmetics and Hazardous Substances
Bureau of Cosmetics and Hazardous Substances is an agent under Department of Medical Sciences, Ministry of Public Health provides testing services for cosmetics and hazardous substances used in public health purpose. As reference laboratory, the bureau is responsible for support consumer protection and product export.
- Monitoring and Surveillance Program for products of cosmetics and hazardous substances used in household to ensure the safety of public health consumers.
- Laboratory services and confirmation especially for registration and exportation. For chemical and biological testing of products of cosmetics and hazardous substances used in household and medical materials.
- Research and development on analytical methods for quality improvement of products and hazardous substances used in household.
- Providing reference materials and PT program for cosmetics and hazardous substances.
- Working as the National reference laboratory for cosmetics and hazardous substances.
Bureau of Radiation and Medical Devices
- Developing system and assigning analysis standard of radiation and medical devices laboratories.
- Investigating and evaluating safety quality of medical and radiological devices for medical and public health use.
- Providing personnel monitoring services for radiation workers safety.
- Studying, analyzing, investigating and developing the technical knowledge and technology of radiation and medical devices laboratories.
- Operating and supporting other concerned or assigned parties.
Institute of Biological Products
- Quality assuring and risk assessing of vaccines, blood products and other biological products used within country for control, prevention and treatment of human diseases in-vivo diagnostic test kits for human use; in-vitro diagnostic test kits for blood transmission diseases and vaccines for veterinary use.
- Developing and standardizing laboratory testing system for vaccines and other biological products used for control, prevention and treatment of human diseases; in-vivo diagnostic test kits for human use; in-vitro diagnostic test kits for blood transmission diseases and vaccines for veterinary use.
- Being reference laboratory for biological products.
- Preparation of the national standard/reference materials for quality control of biological preparation products.
- Testing, research and development on knowledge and technology of biological products laboratory.
- Developing of laboratory quality system and controlling system for biological products.
- Supporting and transferring of knowledges on vaccines, blood products and other biological products technology to public and private concerned organizations including national and international laboratory networks.
Bureau of Drug and Narcotics
Bureau of Drug and Narcotic is responsible for the development and setting up the standard methods and services for laboratory testing in the field of pharmaceuticals and narcotics. The major activities of the Bureau include the quality control of active pharmaceutical ingredients, finished products, materials intended for medical use and drug containers, including identification and analysis of narcotics, illicit drugs and psychotropic substances. The establishment of national pharmacopoeia and production of reference substances for utilization locally and within ASEAN member countries are also performed by the Bureau
- Providing services for quality testing of medicines and narcotics.
- Conducting research on methodology and technology for quality analysis of medicines and narcotics as well as performing bioequivalence study of pharmaceutical products.
- Establishing the national pharmacopoeia and reference substances.
- Acting as a national reference for quality control of medicines and narcotics.
Bureau of Quality and Safety of Food
BQSF is the national reference laboratory for the assessment of quality and safety of food according to the regulations under the Thai Food Act. BQSF responsibilities also include development and setup of standard methods for food analysis, research in the areas of food safety, food analysis services and training.
- To develop and specify analytical standards and provide services of food and water analysis.
- To study, research and develop knowledge and new technology for food and water analysis laboratory
- Act as reference laboratory for food and water analysis to assure quality and safety of food.
- To develop the quality of food-producing plants so that they meet national and international standard.
- To provide scientific and technical assistance in food and water analysis and related areas to strengthen networking laboratory.
- To collaborate with other government agencies, the private sectors as well as international organizations in the matters related to technical corporations.
National Neonatal Screening Operation Centre
Its main functions include, serving as the national neonatal screening centre and national information centre for congenital hypothyroidism (CHT), phenylketonuria (PKU) and inborn error of metabolism (IEM), the national reference centre for the neonatal screening laboratory and the IDD risk assessment. and the national DNA biobank of the neonatal dried blood spot specimens.
Pathogen and Animal toxin Act
- Promoting, developing, regulating and enforcement of the “Pathogen and Animal toxin Act” for public health services.
- Developing the ministerial regulations for biological safety and security to cope with changes in science and technology and against the harmful risks from pathogens.